Friday, March 29, 2013

Gender Reveal Party

My cousins are having their second child and when she approached me and asked me if I would throw her a gender reveal party I immediately said yes! I have always wanted to throw one of these parties and my mind was filled with ideas. After speaking with the mother-to-be we decided to go with the mustache and bow theme. I wanted to make these out of felt and have each guest wear whatever they thought the couple was going to have. I love when people hang up baby clothes at showers because it just reminds you how tiny and cute babies are. I found a picture of yarn wrapped letters and knew I needed them for my shower. And finally what would a baby shower be without striped straws!

The blue outfit was mine! That makes it vintage right?!








































 The expecting parents!



 We had her answer old wives tales



She thought it was a boy but...


It's another girl!! Her big sister couldn't be happier!!

For the big reveal none of us knew what it was. We had my sister look in the envelop and cut holes in all the blue ballons then we each go either a pink or blue balloon and blew them up. When the pink ones inflated we knew it was a GIRL!!

I thought I would leave you with a tip: If you're going to do an activity make it something that is quick and easy! Most people come to parties to socialize. 






1 comment:

  1. Aww, so fun!!! I love the bow and mustache idea and the yarn letters! Good job! See you SOON!! And I think Amy's slacking b/c I haven't gotten the shoes back yet..haha

    ReplyDelete